Wednesday, March 28, 2012

We've Come This Far By FAITH

At the end of the first 2 days of this year's swim challenge I am proud to announce that I have already swam 7,000 yards
  • Day 1 Total: 3400 yards (Session 1 - 1,800 yards, Session 2 - 1,600 yards)
  • Day 2 Total: 3600 yards (Session 1 -1,800 yards, Session 2 - 1,800 yards) 
Also my mother drove up from Lake Charles to support me. She's been here for each of my swimming sessions thus far, helping me to count my laps and cheering me on. My fraternity brother Patrick came by the pool to support me on Monday and 2 more of the my fraternity brothers came to support me today. I'm also proud to say that my best friend/girlfriend came to watch me both nights and to count my laps alongside my mother. I'm grateful for each one of them and welcome others to come by the pool to show their support or to stop by for a few minutes to help me count laps as I swim. 

With my mother in town we've also been collecting and turning in money to the American Cancer Society for the donation portion of my swimming challenge. Despite what the online results may show, a lot of people have been mailing in their donations. I should have a new total for donations on Friday, but for now I've been told that the estimated total for donations thus far is already over $1000.00. To donate to the cause online click here

God is good. That's all I can say. I feel good. I'm excited. I'm thankful. He's making a way just as He said that He would. 

In Hebrews the 4th chapter and the 2nd verse it says, "For we also have had the gospel preached to us, just as they did; but the message they heard was of no value to them, because those who heard did not combine it with faith." I'm here to tell you that the difference is faith. 

If you combine what you already know with hard work, intentional preparation, unrelenting determination and an attitude that's willing to sacrifice for your dreams, than anything is possible
 
I realize that the fight is far from over, but I also see the victory in sight. I'm focused and I'm not going to stop and until its mine.