Sunday, March 18, 2012

Scriptures of the Swim

Before taking on this project I spent months thinking about this opportunity and praying for the Lord's guidance about whether or not I should take on this challenge. I wanted to make sure that He was with me because I know that I can't do anything successfully without Him. 

In turn the Lord sent me affirmation through the people He placed in my life who support me and also through His word. As I continue to move forward along this path these scriptures are the ones that I keep going back to throughout this experience. These scriptures are continuing to make a difference in my life. 

1 Corinthians 15:10

"But by the grace of God I am what I am, and his grace to me was not without effect. No, I worked harder than all of them - yet not I, but the grace of God that was with me." 

Romans 8:18 

"I consider that our present sufferings are not worth comparing with the glory that will be revealed in us."

Psalm 37: 5 - 9

"Commit your way to the Lord; trust in him and he will do this: He will make your righteousness shine like the dawn, the justice of your cause like the noonday sun. Be still before the Lord and wait patiently for him; do not fret when men succeed in their ways, when they carry out they wicked schemes. Refrain from anger and turn from wrath; do not fret - it leads only to evil. For evil men will be cut off, but those who hope in the Lord will inherit the land." 

Philippians 4:13

"I can do everything through him who gives me strength."